SHuiYuki's review on Body Shop Lily Cole Makeup Collection

Hey everyone!

Today I'll like to share with you all is...

LILY COLE'S LIMITED EDITION MAKEUP COLLECTION
BY THE BODY SHOP




HONEST thoughts about the product:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: 
☑ I'm not affiliated with The Body Shop or its distributor in Singapore.
☑ I bought these products with my OWN MONEY! 
☑ I always give my 100% honest thoughts be the products are sponsored or not. 
☑ My skin tone is fair + yellow-toned
☑ I'm having a combination & sensitive skin. If your skin condition are similar to mine, chances are my opinions are suitable for your consideration in purchasing the product.
:) Just for you guys ok?! HAHA! Pls feel the LOVE from me... LOL!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Launch Date: 25th July 2012.
  • Pigmentation: Quite shimmery. Visible and consistent colour payoff!
  • Pricing
    • Shimmer Eyeshadow Bricks: $36.90
    • Lips & Cheeks Dome:  $24.90
  •  Longevity: Last around 5 hour and some colour will tend to fade out afterwards
  • Availability: ALL The Body Shop outlets
  • Dupes
    • Go Violet: Chanel Spring Collection Eyeshadow Squad in #34 (less shimmery), MAC Sketch (matte)
    • Tint of Pink: MAC Cranberry (more reddish-brown tone), MAC Plum Dressing (less shimmery)
    • Live Lilac: Illamasqua Creep (matte)
    • Think Pink: Chanel Spring Collection Eyeshadow Squad in #34 (less shimmery and more pink tone)
 


TBH (to be honest), I'm never a makeup fan of Body Shop but I'd decided to purchase a couple of products from this collection since I'd heard quite abit of raves on YouTube. :)

Thought about Shimmer Cubes:
  • Consistent colour when applied (which kinda surprised me actually. ;) )
  • Good pigmentation. The colours do stay put on my eyelids (with eye primer) and they lasted around 5hour before fading off.
  • All colours are suitable for both day & night wear. Just intensify or apply the darker tones (Go Violet & Think Pink) at the outer-V.
  • The cubes are not fixed on the box so that they can be re-arranged to your favourite colour and pack them into same container.
Downside:

✘ Though the cubes are not fixed on the box + being a clumsy person, I find them a hassle as the cubes tends to come out whenever I open the box. -.-" In the end, I have to paste double-sided tape to tape down the cubes to prevent them from falling out.

✘ Pricing ($36.90); Although the colours are very nice and suitable for almost all occasions, but I don't find the price justifiable for them. Furthermore, the colours are rather replicable and can be found in many cosmetic brands.



Cheeks & Lip Dome in Pinch Me Pink:
  • A very convenient product for travel as it can act as blusher / lip colour!
  • Very creamy and glides on smoothly on both lips & cheeks
  • Cheeks: Average colour pay-off as I need to swirl at least 3 times to get the visible colour payoff.
  • Lips: The lip colour seems to lighten the redness of my lips, making them into a soft rosy pink.

Downside:

✘ It is said to be creamy-turn-powder. But seriously, it stay creamy even I'd set them to 'dry' for 5minutes. Therefore, if you have an oily skin, this product may not be suitable for your skin but you can consider to use this as subtle lip colour

✘ I'm a bit disappointed on the colour pay off for my cheeks as I will need to swirl at least 3 times on my cheeks just to get the visible colour payoff and the colour will still 'run' off slightly due to its creamy texture. Therefore, my suggestion is to set this blush with a powdered blush.


Swatch time!
(Top-Bottom) Lip & Cheeks Dome, Think Pink, Live Lilac, Tint in Pink, Go Violet

My make up using The Body Shop Lily Cole's collection!




Face/Cheeks:
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Liquid Foundation in Light Beige
  • Garnier Eye Treatment BB Roller in Light
  • Urban Decay Stick Concealer in Dea
  • MAC MSF in Light
  • The Body Shop Lip & Cheeks Dome in 20 Pinch Me Pink
Eyes:
  • Body Shop Shimmer Bricks (Base: Think Pink, Eyeliner: Go Violet)
  • Sephora 24hr Waterproof Jumbo Eye Pencil in Violet
  • AK Eyelashes in 601
  • Covergirl Last Blast Fusion Mascara
  • LaFemme Eyeliner Pencil in Brown-Black
  • LaFemme Eyeliner Sealer <-- MY HOLY GRAIL for smudge-proof eye makeup ALL day!
Lips:
  • Body Shop Lip & Cheeks Dome in 20 Pinch Me Pink
Overall Conclusion:

If you love shimmery colours, Body Shop Shimmer bricks will not disappoint you. However, do so when your budget allows if not, I believe there are other affordable brands (e.g. Essence, NYX, ELF, Bourjois) that do provide similar colours.

*~~**~~*
≧^◡^≦ Follow ME!
✉ Email: shuhui.Teo@hotmail.com
⌨ Twitter: www.twitter.com/SHuiYuki
❣ YouTube: www.youtube.com/SHuiYukiSG
*Spam/unnecessary stuff will not be entertained

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram Photostream

with Love,

Contact Me

For sponsorships/ product reviews, please email me at: shuhui.teo@hotmail.com Thank You!