Shuhui's Dup of Enchanting Prom Makeup - The Cheaper Alternative

:) Most of my GFs know I'm SO INTO make-up and have been religiously reading VIVI, SCawaii magazines, watching Michelle Phan and Miss Chievous YouTube channels to learn more tricks to achieve sparkling BIG eyes! MUHAHAHA! Yes, missy here got a pair of Mashimaro's eyes (-____-)" <--

So for today, allow me to show you guys a cheaper alternative way to achieve the turquoise-green makeup!
Original credit: Michelle Phan. Click on the YouTube video for the steps and procedures!

Shuhui's version
 
Didn't line my lower eyes as they may look too dramatic for daily wear so all i did was simply follow Michelle Phan's steps and fix on my favourite pair of eyelashes!
A literally 'close-up' look

To achieve this makeup look, I was SUPER TEMPTED to purchase Lancome latest Color Design that Michelle Phan was featuring in her video (Teal Fury) but I retaliated when I found out the price is S$90! *Insert SHOCK face* And being a Missy Thrifty, I began to source for cheaper alternatives and bug BF to bring me to a makeup wholesale place to purchase pigmented and affordable NYX makeup!
Makeup used:

Eyes:
  • NYX TS 23 Sweet Lagoon - S$9. OMG!!! So cheap right?! And the colour is highly pigmented too! BEST BUY!
  • (Optional) Majolica PK785 - S$23.50 Tip: Purchase during Watson's 20% sales. Can save about $4.70!
  • L'Oreal HIP Limited Edition Snowy. S$17.90 OMGGGG! I went completely nuts when i FINALLY found the last few remaining HIP colours at Mustafa! So I immediately grab this colour and 114, Adventurous! MUHAHA! Happy max!
All these 3 palettes cost less than $60 (around $50.40) and the money spent can allow you to have multi-colour looks, instead of having standard 5 colour look should you purchase Lancome Colour Design palette.

(Optional) For more definition on the eye-crease (especially single eyelids like me),  you can use the matt brown in Majolica palette to gently swipe the colour at your outer eye crease area and blend them to avoid harsh edges.

Lips:
  • Maybelline Watershine B24. S$14.90 Nude+Pinkish Colour
:D Don't you just LOVE drugstores cosmetics at times?! Hope you guys have fun trying out these colours during this Spring/Summer!

*~~**~~*
Do share me at shuhui.teo@hotmail.com*
*Spam/unneccesary stuff will not be entertained for

4 comments:

  1. daring color!
    you are fair skin tone , suitable with this color. me so tan, use this color will SHOCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ Nope.. Dun say that babe! For darker skin tones, you can use some warm-green colour shades that compliments your skin! Try avoiding colours that consists of grey/cool shades~ XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. still got confuse with cool and warm colors despite watching so mnay make up show! You can do a blog of in ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Sure sure! Will do up one! *Huggies*

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram Photostream

with Love,

Contact Me

For sponsorships/ product reviews, please email me at: shuhui.teo@hotmail.com Thank You!